Photobucket

Avian Ornaments

I love to paint! (In fact I have owned my own mural painting business for the past 8 years.) And what better subject matter than my favorite thing in the whole world: Parrots! So recently, I made myself a few Caique ornaments and posted the photos on a message board for critique. Since I received really great feedback I decided to open an Etsy shop and have listed several species. I haven't gotten around to doing all the types of parrots (that might even be impossible) so I have also been taking requests. They are a lot of fun to do, kind of a break from doing such large scale work. Here are a few of the ones I've done so far:



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great idea.

I've heard of Etsy and thought it looked interesting.

Your blog has great design elements. I love the section where you show Nani's vocabulary.

If you add the follow feature, I will follow your blog.

DoodleBird said...

Thanks! I'll try to figure out how to do that.

Mallow said...

Those are really nice! Do you have close up pictures?

The video of Nani playing is great. I particularly like the purring sounds while she is on her back. :)

DoodleBird said...

Check the post again, I added a link to a larger photo. :-)

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory