Photobucket

My Apprentice

Well it's been a busy few weeks! I spent almost the entire long weekend visiting friends and family! Poor Nani was alone a lot, and she started having bad behavior episodes like screaming and play wrestling MUCH too rough. She always seems to exhibit these behaviors on the weekends when everyone is home from school/work. I think my daughter harasses her too much, but Nani still goes looking for her to play so it must not be bad enough. During the week the house is relatively quiet and there is a routine, but on weekends...especially this past weekend...all that goes out the window along with my sweet angel bird (then comes devil bird!). I spent yesterday and today re-establishing the routine and spending quality time together, and I'm starting to see her charming personality return, thank goodness! I've gotten a lot of orders for the parrot ornaments and have been working on those. Nani decided she wanted to "help":


Caique parrot helps artist paint
Nani painting the Caique ornament

5 comments:

Rita said...

I love your parrot ornaments!! They are beautiful, very realistic!! You do a nice job on them!!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! Royal loves 'helping' me, too. He especially loves to try and taste all of my watercolors and pencils to make sure they're viable. LOL.

DoodleBird said...

Heather, you should snap a pic next time Royal is "helping". I'd love to see her cute feathery face with that look they get when they're into our stuff. lol

Rita, thanks so much for your compliment. I love doing them!

Mary said...

I'm happy she's so helpful! Mine would just be destructive...

DoodleBird said...

Mary, Nani was "helpful" for about two seconds...long enough to snap the photos. hehehe

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory