Photobucket

Easy Peasy Shreader Toy

This toy was a great suggestion I found on a forum. Get a phonebook, drill a hole, and hang it from the cage. That simple! At first I thought a regular sized phonebook would be way to large for Nani. But the local smaller ones are perfect! We live in an apartment and tons of phonebooks are left at the front entrance. Well being nobody uses phonebooks anymore (they just sit there for weeks) I took a stack of the smaller ones for toys. I wasn't sure how she'd react...it was a HUGE hit! You can see her initial reaction below.




3 comments:

parrotparrodise said...

Hello,

I think you have great ideas for your toys! We often give our African Grey Paper to destroy and it saves alot of money. I just want to let you know that we have a website too, with inexpensive high quality safe bird toys you may want to check out as another option. Many times pet stores charge crazy prices for toys that are not safe. our site is http://www.koobaleezoo.com

email me with any questions at koobaleezoobirdtoys@yahoo.com

Mary said...

I love, in that last picture, how she has a piece of the phone book on top of her head as she destroys the middle. Beeps does that as well and I can barely restrain myself from grabbing and cuddling him I think it's so cute :)

DoodleBird said...

Aren't Caiques just the best bird ever? The just know how to be cute!

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory