Photobucket

Oh Happy Day!

I have gotten lots of good advice after my last blog entry. It seems almost unanimous that Nani is most likely suffering from hormonal overload. The breeder I got her from suggested that although she may be a bit young to be going through full-blown sexual maturity, this year's many snow storms and changes in barometric pressure send birds into a tizzy. Animals can certainly sense things we lowly humans cannot, and such climatic disturbances make them...well...more "twitterpated" than usual. In March we've also gained several hours of sunlight here in Minnesota along with warmer weather.

It was also suggested that I take a look at her diet. Nani can be quite finicky when it comes to healthy foods. I have her on a mix of Harrisons, Zupreme, and Roudybush pellets as well as occasional fresh fruits and veggies. I've tried in vain to get her to eat sprouted seed/legumes. These have a high nutritional value but are apparently not very appetizing to her. She shakes her head in disgust at the mere sight of them. But sprouting will be a topic of another day...I haven't given up yet!

The good news is that I haven't been bitten for several days now and she got up on the right side of the bed this morning. She's been singing and generally cheery all day. I changed some of her toys around and she started hopping around the couch to show her appreciation. She's also been very playful!

I've posted a video on my blog of the happy occasion. This is typical Caique play wrestling. Although it may appear otherwise I am being very gentle as is she.

See video here.


2 comments:

Scritches.com said...

This bird is clearly spoiled rotten. Better send her to me so I can straighten her out!

DoodleBird said...

haha! Not a chance. ;-)

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory