Photobucket

Good News!

Yesterday morning, the day after the vet ordeal, she woke up just slightly better. Somewhat more alert and eating whole grain crackers. I gave her the pain medication at around 10:30 a.m. and within an hour there was a noticeable change. She was preening, alert (still more subdued than normal though), and whistling a bit more. As the day went on she seemed to get better and better. The video below shows some of her progress, taken yesterday:



Today she is almost her old self! She is running around the couch, climbing, playing a little, not sleepy, eating (still not the pellets though), whistling and more vocal, and feels heavier when I hold her! I'm so happy! She has had no medicine today, the vet had told me "as needed", so that's also a good sign. She bounced back so fast, it's amazing to me! So it looks like I will have my sweet (and naughty) little birdie back in no time!

4 comments:

MoonGoddess said...

That is such wonderful news! Hope things only improve from here.

Meg said...

Yay Nani!

DoodleBird said...

Thanks for caring :-)

Mary said...

Great news! I don't think I've told my Calypso injury story on my blog, but I will soon. He also healed incredibly quickly and then tried to trick me into thinking he was still injured to get more attention (I realized he was perched on his "bad" leg and holding his "good" leg out as injured so I found him out).

I guess one good thing about missing several weeks of posts on your blog is that I didn't have to wait too long to find out that she's OK!

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory