Photobucket

Let Me Out!

Yesterday Nani was getting into EVERYTHING, much like Caiques do, so I scooped her up and put her in her cage without fully closing the door as you can see in the photo. Now I know eventually she'll figure out that all she has to do is push the door open, but for now she is completely "in the dark" and doesn't realize how easy it really is to escape.

She will just sit there and beep over and over to be let out. Well today I put her in and did the same thing with the door. I turned around to do something and within seconds I feel her climbing up my pants. I say to her "did you open the door?" to which she just looks up at me like "huh?". So I go look and strangely enough the door is still closed. I stand there baffled for a minute until...


...I see the little door to her water dish is wide open! I had forgotten that I took the dish out to get her some fresh water and left it open. Sneaky little thing! But how can I resist that little face...just look at it. So I decided to play with her for awhile and she was happy as a lark!

2 comments:

Scritches.com said...

You and Nani make me want to run out and get a caique!

DoodleBird said...

Caiques are the best bird ever! Ok, I'm biased.

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory