Photobucket

Sweet as Pie

Sometimes Nani is just so sugary sweet I just want to squeeeeeeeeeze her. Today she was playing on top her cage while I was working on the computer. After I realized things had gotten too quiet I looked up and saw this little ball of fluff with her leg tucked up inside her feathers. She wasn't quite asleep yet, but dozing off. I got a few photos...



Nani has been saying this word that I just can't make out. I know it's a word (or two) because she has a certain voice when she's talking. But I have no idea what she's saying! It's driving me crazy because it's so cute and I want to know. It sounds a little like "wonka", but of course this is not a word she would hear in our house. So it has to be something with the same sounds. I hope to decipher the code soon!
Lately she has been in so love with my husband, she always wants to be with him and will call to him when he gets home or when he leaves the room. I think he secretly loves her too, he uses baby talk and gives her kisses all over. He would never admit it though, even though it's painfully obvious. The great thing about it is that she still loves me and my daughter too. I have read that Caiques usually are not one person birds like many, if not all other parrot species. It seems to be true in my experience. That is one of the many reasons I decided to get a Caique in the first place. My Quaker, Watson, was definitely a one person bird and wanted only me. He preferred women over men so if I was not around he would go to other women. He was a biter too, even to me. But he wasn't vicious, just an old crab. On the contrary, Caiques seem to have a delightful, free spirit kind of personality.
I'm so happy to have my sweet Nani in my life!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She's so sweet! Brad acts the same why with Royal and she loves us both equally but has different habits and routines with each of us. It's so great!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I have bought a new bird feeder for outside my studio and just love watching the birds frolic around.

Mary said...

I'm embarrassed it's been almost a month since I've read your blog -- stupid work!

When caiques get all puffy like that, aren't they just irresistible? Calypso and I have a game we play when he gets puffed up, I place my hands around him and gently squeeze and then we both say "sqush sqush sqush" until he gets tired of it.

Nani is so, so sweet!

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory