Photobucket

Baby Birdie Bathtime

"Can I take Nani in the shower with me Mommy" my daughter asks, "Pleeeeeeaaaaase?". "Alright, I guess so but don't torture her" I say. Why do I say that? Because my daughter seems to like to torture Nani. I don't mean she ties her down and plucks out feathers all the while making an evil laugh, but she is always doing little things to annoy her. Oh Nani can handle it, in fact I think she secretly likes it. She will make this growling noise if my daughter messes with her but then immediately hops around saying "hop, hop, hop" in her squeaky Caique voice and falls onto her back ready to wrestle. They have a sibling relationship, always squabbling but can't live without one another. This may sound horrible to anyone that doesn't own a Caique, but trust me when I say they are unlike any other pet bird. Slightly human, a tinge of dog, and just a bit of a monkey that never sits still.

So after the shower I hear "Mom come here quick, *giggle* come here!". And what do I find? Hint: it was really cute...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...and no torturing involved.

She just calmly laid there for a few minutes, warm and cozy. :-)

7 comments:

Pio the Meyers and Jenell the Human said...

SOOO cute!!! I can't believe she lets you do that. Pio does not let me do anything like that to him haha.

Scritches.com said...

How cute! My Charli would have removed all skin from my fingers if I even considered such a thing!

By the way, did you decide about the DNA test?

Mary said...

She is so adorable I can hardly stand it. What is it with those caiques?

And I agree with you that Nani likes that attention from your daughter. Caiques are definitely in a league of their own :)

ismail said...

Very Best Blog About Birds

DoodleBird said...

aw, thank you!

DoodleBird said...

Charli's mom, not yet :-)

Samantha Jane Dyer said...

That i so adorable!!!!! she looked soooooo cute!!!!!!!


Can she talk????



Birdz-rule :•)

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory