Photobucket

Does Nani Amuse Me Or Do I Amuse Nani?

Nani knows very well she is not supposed to crawl to the floor. But, of course, she takes any and every opportunity to do it. Examples of what she sees as opportunities: me leaving the room, me busy on the computer, me talking to someone on the phone, me watching a movie just when it's getting to the good part...me sitting, me staring directly at her, me saying "no! no! not on the floor!", etc.

So this morning I was watering my plants and I hear a plop onto the floor. Caiques are quite heavy for being such small birds and it is almost impossible for her to do anything quietly (thank goodness!). So there she is on the floor, but she's no fool! She would never run out in the open where she could easily be scooped up and put back on her stand! She must stay in the safety and cover of the forest. What forest? Why, the forest made up of various tables, chairs, and other large objects no one could possibly fit under other than a naughty Caique.

Although frustrating I can't say I don't get the giggles from time to time. She IS entertaining! Today was one of those days. But am I laughing at her, or she at me? You be the judge...

4 comments:

Lola G. said...

Yep, she's got your number. What a cutie!

belovedparrot said...

Nani cracks me up! Especially that little roll over just as your finger gets close.

Yeah, I think we know who's laughing at who.

Unknown said...

LOL, that was too cute! Royal loves Nani, she loves watching her videos and never attacks the screen when she's on.

DoodleBird said...

haha, that's good she doesn't attack at the sight of Nani. :-)

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory