Photobucket

You're Just Yellow-Belly!

I've been going through old albums and came across one of the first pictures I ever took on Nani as a baby back in 2008. Boy has she ever changed! She was only 2 months old at the time and was just a wee thing. She had the yellowest belly I'd ever seen and dark maroon-colored eye rings. It took 2 full molts for her to go from sunny yellow to bright white belly feathers and her eyes had turned tomato red by the time she was 2 years old. She's still a little on the small side as far as Caiques go; my little peanut.

Looking through these photos has made me nostalgic and there just may be a new baby in our future.



1 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay, now THAT is way too cute!! It makes me want a baby also. I have never had the pleasure of raising a baby bird. All my birds have been rescues and were adults when I adopted them. After seeing your adorable picture of your bird, I am hoping that a baby will be in my future.

Thanks for sharing such a priceless picture.

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory