Photobucket

I saved Nani's life today

We brought home Chipotle today, and for those of you that don't know it is the most delicious fake mexican food ever! Anyway, I always give Nani a small piece of tortilla. When I eat tortillas here at home I make corn ones, but the burritos from Chipotle are made of flower. I really don't know if that is relevant but I'm throwing that in there anyway. I happened to look over at her and she was violently shaking her head. I ran immediately to her and noticed something white in her throat, a ball just the size of her throat. She was choking! I remained calm while freaking out on the inside. I told my daughter to run and get my tweezers and my husband to help me open her beak. Wow that beak is powerful! We had a hard time prying it open. Finally he got it open and I carefully put the tweezers in and pulled it out. She could breathe again!!! She was shaking like crazy but ok. She has been fine since then, it's been about 6 hours. She's acting like a baby and wanting a lot of loving but seems to be her normal self. I will NOT be giving her tortilla again.

6 comments:

MoonGoddess said...

HOLE COW! You thought quick! Glad it all worked out ok. Poor Nani. Bet it did scared the mess out of her. She may never even want a tortilla again. :)

Pio the Meyers and Jenell the Human said...

Wow I am glad to hear about that so I won't give Pio the Meyers any flour tortilla, I usually share with him :)

Kathleen said...

Whoa! I didn't know that would happen! ack! glad Nani is okay!

Scritches.com said...

O M G! Now that Nani's ok, how are you?!

DoodleBird said...

Oh I'm feeling much better! But at the time I was so scared!

Mary said...

I'm glad she's doing well and that you were so calm under pressure. Great job!!!

Subscribe By Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Do You Own A Parrot?


Nani's Vocabulary To Date:

Pretty Birdie
Pretty Girl
What Are You Doing?
(variation) Whatcha Doin'?
I Love You
Thank You
Look At You!
Peek-A-Boo
Chickie
What?
Come Here!
JoJo
Go Poo Poo
Uh Oh
Flip!
Hop!
I Don't Want You.
Pet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory